Victoria side trip info request.

The Captain 90 Runs, Memories, Any Pics or Comments Feel Free to Add

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

Gaolbird

Post by Gaolbird »

RE Party and Route

The plan right now is to take #99 to horseshoe bay. I am on holiday starting Aug 2nd so the pre rally party can start when ever the first bike shows up. I will make a plan for the ride down but we will go over the route with the group before we leave to make sure everyone is ok with it.

Fuel

No fuel issues in the praires or the park( Banff/Jasper) Fuel in Jasper and again in Mcbride( 217km to PG ) those riding a 1800C model take it easy on the trottle when loaded and you will make it without any problem. Fuel at the Chevron station as you come ito town on the left.

See you guys in the summer. If you have any questions or conerns feel free to pm or I will post it on this thread

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

:shock: Fuel up in Jasper or Hinton, then again in McBride...even if you don't "need to"....don't ask how I know. :doh: :anxious:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

Wolfpack
Iron Butt

1800 Fuel

Post by Wolfpack »

I fuel up in Hinton and roll right thru Jasper all the way to McBride no problem , pulling the camper and never had a problem, put I'm planing a two hour stop halfway between McBride and Prince George!

Gaolbird

Post by Gaolbird »

Yes the Ancient Forest is worth the stop. Really cool place to walk around. It is the furthest inland rainforest in the world. Located 114km East of PG. Stop for lunch at Purden at the log cabin. Approx 68km east of PG

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior »

RandyGuy wrote:Some good advice guys. I was thinking of being in PG. on the 7th, around Lillooet on the 8th an Victoria on the 9th. Want to go slow an take it all in. If theres a party going on the 7th in PG. were in. :)

PS. Any problems getting fuel along the route . Calgary , PG. Victoria ?

When are you leaving Randy?...I am booking my time off work and might join you for this trip...that is if you don't mind the company
---
Common sense is NOT common...

RandyGuy
Iron Butt

Post by RandyGuy »

Still waiting for Cynthia's company to confirm holiday time. Was hopeing to leave July 31. Think we may go through the US. Chicago, Sioux Falls SD., Rapid City SD., Butte Montana, into Alberta, Calgary, Jasper, Prince George, Lillooet, Nanaimo, Victoria. Nothing confirmed yet, probably have to book hotels in Alberta & BC.That would be great if you join us. Company is allways welcome. Is your wife coming with you also ?

There will be others going that will probably take Trans Canada route across Canada. You could join them if you wish to take that route.

I am what I am and that's all that I am !

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior »

Grace will be joining us but not for most of the bike trip. Her back can't take it. She will be flying to either Calgary or Vancouver ( haven't decided yet) and joining me for the rest of the trip to Victoria or pre-party then Victoria.

I wanted to go through the US either on the way to Victoria or going home.

I have 4 weeks vacation and need to lock down the time soon, just need to decide to book off 3 weeks for this trip and a week some other time or do all 4 weeks for this trip.

I haven't seen anyone else post when they are leaving or route to be taken..
---
Common sense is NOT common...

Gaolbird

Post by Gaolbird »

RE Fuel

For those riding a S/R/T/N you will be alright for fuel since your tank is a little bigger. For those on an 1800C with a smaller tank just be careful with the throttle between McBride and PG especially loaded up. I know I have coasted into the Husky in McBride on fumes. If you are coming though Pruden(just east of PG) there is a log cabin on the right hand side. They do have gas there but it is usually $2.00 a litre. I think they close by 8pm.

Army Boy

Post by Army Boy »

Hey Gaolbird
So did I miss the dates ??? Still not sure of my route going to meet. What is your planned date to leave PG?? What is count of members going your way??
Sorry for all the questions inquiring mind is all. Not really just think it is time to lay out plan for trip.
NOTE To All passing through Calgary area your door is always open for a quick stop and refreshment or a place to over night.
Later All
Don't be afraid your life will end:
Be afraid it will never start!!

Army Boy

Gaolbird

Post by Gaolbird »

I will be starting a new thread and sending out dates and some prelim plans for the ride down. I believe there will be more than a few guys showing up.

Army Boy

Post by Army Boy »

HeyRandyGuy Place to stay in Calgary area is my place real cheap cost is $0.00 door always open.
Also may want to check out this site for rooms along the way "airbnb.com" I have not used it yet but looks interesting for a quick over night stay.
Later
Don't be afraid your life will end:
Be afraid it will never start!!

Army Boy

RandyGuy
Iron Butt

Post by RandyGuy »

Thanks for the invite folks, but I have already booked hotels for Cynthia an myself.
Aug. 5th Calgary
Aug. 6th Jasper
Aug. 7th Prince George
Aug. 8th Lillooet
Aug. 9,10,11 & 12th Victoria ! :)

Were going to take a slow tour through here an take it all in.
I am what I am and that's all that I am !

Beachhondas

Post by Beachhondas »

Can't make Victoria, working, but sure would loke to meet whoever coming through Calgary, might be able to hook up and ride up Hinton, then say adios, when i go east and you go North and West.
"Life is a Beach"

BCSledhed

Duffey Lake RD HWY 99

Post by BCSledhed »

For those of you coming down from PG and taking route 99, be advised the road from Lillooet to Pemberton is a high mountain road with lots of twisties - many of them not marked. If the sign says 50k in the corner, they mean it.......I have lost a bit of iron off the footpegs on my GoldWing up there and scared the bejeesus out of the missus..........

We rode it a couple of weeks ago and the first 30km or so from Lillooet to Pemberton are quite rough. It does get better just before you get to Duffey Lake, then it is smooth sailing from there.

Have a safe enjoyable ride and see you all in Victoria.

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

Like Sledhed says, watch your speeds, but be sure to also enjoy the view. :wink:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"