Steve Hillary Day / Ride to remember - Aug 1st

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

Sandy Mike
Iron Butt

Re: Steve Hillary Day / Ride to remember

Post by Sandy Mike »

Thanks Dave. Sat Aug 1, Lynn and I are in, let us know the start location and time.
2016 Harley Ultra Ltd
2004 Springer Softail

Big Dave
Iron Butt

Post by Big Dave »

Ok, please let me know if everyone can make it to the ESSO gas station / North West corner of 400 & # 12 by 10 AM on the Sat. August 1st.

Be advised the Kempenfest is being held in Barrie & traffic through that area (400) could be heavy.

That is the cutoff to Midland. (do not take # 93 as it takes you out of your way)

If we are all ok with the time I can go ahead & plan the route.

It will consist of a morning ride - stop for lunch & then back to my place for Drinks/snacks/ shrimp (Randy). We should be back at my place by 3:00 pm.

If anyone is coming up the night before, we have ton's of room for tents or we can arrange motel rooms.

An invitation has been sent to Heather & any of Steve's Familly.

Dave
It's time to quit when you can't get your leg over the seat. AND ONLY THEN !!

O.C.R.

Post by O.C.R. »

If the boss will give me the time off, I should be able to make it on time. :wink: :lol:

Sandy Mike
Iron Butt

Post by Sandy Mike »

Big Dave wrote:Ok, please let me know if everyone can make it to the ESSO gas station / North West corner of 400 & # 12 by 10 AM on the Sat. August 1st.

Dave
We're good with the location and time
2016 Harley Ultra Ltd
2004 Springer Softail

robox

Post by robox »

Hello Big Dave,

I'm going to try and make it out for this event. I probably won't be able to find my way there until Saturday morning. What is launch time for the ride? I will be camping for the night. Could you do me a kind favour and send me your location, address, GPS coords..........

I was one of the original members of the X Riders back when I had that behemoth of a motorcycle. It would be good to re-acquaint with you folks and reminisce about Steve's life. Email > ruddst@hotmail.com

Steve
Just GO!!!!

Erik

Post by Erik »

Looks like Laurie and I can be there for 10. Are there hotels nearby for Sat night? Might need one depending on how things go. :)
2015 Triumph Thunderbird Commander
2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring
1973 750 Triumph Tiger

Big Dave
Iron Butt

Post by Big Dave »

robox wrote:Hello Big Dave,

I'm going to try and make it out for this event. I probably won't be able to find my way there until Saturday morning. What is launch time for the ride? I will be camping for the night. Could you do me a kind favour and send me your location, address, GPS coords..........

I was one of the original members of the X Riders back when I had that behemoth of a motorcycle. It would be good to re-acquaint with you folks and reminisce about Steve's life. Email > ruddst@hotmail.com

Steve
Launch time would be app. 10:00 AM from # 400 & #12.

Addy again is 35 Playfair dr. Waubaushene ont. L0K2C0

Got room for your tent - side yard.

Home phone 705-538-0886 / cell 705-528-3373

Big Dave
Iron Butt

Post by Big Dave »

Erik wrote:Looks like Laurie and I can be there for 10. Are there hotels nearby for Sat night? Might need one depending on how things go. :)

Tons of motels, but it is a long weekend. Try to let me know early & I can book you in one.

adair1965

Re: Steve Hillary Day / Ride to remember - Aug 1st

Post by adair1965 »

i'm working that day but am going to see if i can get the day off. Since I live in Barrie, it would be a great way to meet some fellow x riders in this area.
I see dead people, really, I'm not crazy, my doctor can prove it.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Big Dave wrote:
Erik wrote:Looks like Laurie and I can be there for 10. Are there hotels nearby for Sat night? Might need one depending on how things go. :)

Tons of motels, but it is a long weekend. Try to let me know early & I can book you in one.

Thanks Dave, I'll let you know if we decide we need a motel. We may not stay over, but looking forward to the day!
Thanks for organizing it! :clap:
2015 Triumph Thunderbird Commander
2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring
1973 750 Triumph Tiger

terrybeb

Post by terrybeb »

Hi Guys this is Tara Hillary and Terry...... We will be riding our bike up and the kids will be following in the van. We will need a motel for Saturday night as I expect a few drinks will be had and I don't want to tip the bike over. LOL Kids will be designated drivers. I knew paying to get their licences would come in handy ;) If you could suggest a good close motel that would be appreciated.

Big Dave
Iron Butt

Post by Big Dave »

terrybeb wrote:Hi Guys this is Tara Hillary and Terry...... We will be riding our bike up and the kids will be following in the van. We will need a motel for Saturday night as I expect a few drinks will be had and I don't want to tip the bike over. LOL Kids will be designated drivers. I knew paying to get their licences would come in handy ;) If you could suggest a good close motel that would be appreciated.
How many rooms?

Let me know & I will scout one out for you.

terrybeb

Post by terrybeb »

Big Dave wrote:
terrybeb wrote:Hi Guys this is Tara Hillary and Terry...... We will be riding our bike up and the kids will be following in the van. We will need a motel for Saturday night as I expect a few drinks will be had and I don't want to tip the bike over. LOL Kids will be designated drivers. I knew paying to get their licences would come in handy ;) If you could suggest a good close motel that would be appreciated.
How many rooms?

I'm thinking just one room should be enough.

Big Dave
Iron Butt

Post by Big Dave »

terrybeb wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
How many rooms?

I'm thinking just one room should be enough.

2 or 4 people?

terrybeb

Post by terrybeb »

Two people are coming for sure myself and Tara. Heather and the kids may come but may not be staying overnight.