rear engine dead

Tips, Tricks, Mods, Maintenance questions and answers go on this board.

Moderators: joeracket, Bam Bam, RoadWarrior, mr.biker, Cat

Dragon

rear engine dead

Post by Dragon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Hope everyone well. The rear engine of mine gone dead last week after a couple time stalling. Is it the ignition coil or something else. Thanks. Tuan.
( have not done much maint for the last 3 year )
Nothing,nothing and nothing. Just ride. 02 1800S

Ironhorse17

Re: rear engine dead

Post by Ironhorse17 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:26 am

Pull the plugs on the rear cylinder and put the wires back on the plugs lean the plugs against the engine and see if you have spark when cranking engine. If the plugs look good and no fire check coils for proper grounding and loose wires.

Other than that could be a clogged injector.

VTX_XTC

Post by VTX_XTC » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:30 am

pull the tank off and remove the coils , sand off the corrosion from the frame and the coils , do the same to the ground wires and put some dielectric grease on them , new plugs and try it again , check by keeping the plugs out and against the head and cranking the engine , you should have spark
still have an ear to ear grin on my 03 1800 C ,......... air tools , hummmmmm grinder with a cut wheel....no more tank seam

Dinox

Post by Dinox » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:46 am

I just had this happen to me on a weekend trip. Bike stalled out on a lonely stretch of highway 30 miles from any garage. I thought it might be a plugged fuel filter or water in the fuel. After 3 hours waiting for a tow and eventually trailering it home, I was able to do a more thorough search for the problem. Just by accident, as I was taking the battery cover off I noticed a broken wire leading to the wiring harness seated above the battery. The Honda manual indicated it was the rear and front coil ignition wire. I was able to remove the pin, resolder the wire and the bike started first try. It is a 2006 - 1300cc. I hope this will help with your fix.
"Everybody is Crazy to some degree, you just have to find someone who is your kind of Crazy and then it's normal.