Quieting Baffles

Tips, Tricks, Mods, Maintenance questions and answers go on this board.

Moderators: Cat, joeracket, Bam Bam, RoadWarrior, mr.biker

hammerman

Quieting Baffles

Post by hammerman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 pm

This is mainly for Brenlee as she was asking how to make her Cobra Slash Cuts quieter.
Pull the baffles out, major pain in butt, however seeing your hubby`s skill on the risers,
sure he can get them out. Instead if using that cheap flat fiberglass wrapping, go to Crappy Tire
and get fibre rope that is used for re-doing door gaskets on woodstoves.
Wrap about half of each baffle and re-install. Fire up yer bike and see if it is quiet enough.
I used copper wire to clamp the rope to the baffles as it doesn`t rust. If not quiet enough, wrap another couple of inches.
Did my pipes about 8 yrs ago and it lasted for 3 yrs. May get around to doing again, but I`m half deaf
and doesn`t matter to me. However to keep The Boss happy, another job on the list before Beasty
comes out of hibernation. :)
Hammer It. Life`s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserve skin....
but to skid in sideways,totally wornout ,shouting
HOLY SHIT.. What A RIDE ! !

Cat

Re: Quieting Baffles

Post by Cat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:21 am

My baffles don't come out, so this isn't an issue....plus, I like the bub, bub, barooom sound. :evil:
It's NOT about the destination........ The Journey is what counts. :cool:
and,
If the Sun is at your back, and the wind is your creation... It's a good day. :)
Image Image
Need Amsoil for yer ride? Contact me.
:dance: :cheers::think:
Bauline East, Newfoundland!!!!!! DONE like a bottle of Schreech at a newfie campfire
MISSED VICTORIA :cry:
Clic here for map of ....
:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think::think:
Hmmm, over 103,000 km on my '04 1300C :think:
Left on a journey with my girlfriend, came home with my wife :think: :lol:
Hint: clic on the blue text :wink:

Weather forecasts

Cat's Journey
- Visit my blog page - Cat's Lair
clic on the WWW button below

Brenlee57

Re: Quieting Baffles

Post by Brenlee57 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:52 am

hammerman wrote:This is mainly for Brenlee as she was asking how to make her Cobra Slash Cuts quieter.
Pull the baffles out, major pain in butt, however seeing your hubby`s skill on the risers,
sure he can get them out. Instead if using that cheap flat fiberglass wrapping, go to Crappy Tire
and get fibre rope that is used for re-doing door gaskets on woodstoves.
Wrap about half of each baffle and re-install. Fire up yer bike and see if it is quiet enough.
I used copper wire to clamp the rope to the baffles as it doesn`t rust. If not quiet enough, wrap another couple of inches.
Did my pipes about 8 yrs ago and it lasted for 3 yrs. May get around to doing again, but I`m half deaf
and doesn`t matter to me. However to keep The Boss happy, another job on the list before Beasty
comes out of hibernation. :)
Thank you Hammer man! We met a guy in Cache Creek on one of our journeys. He was testing Shell Nitro gas. He said from "kids" were raving about mileage and performance. So he was an analytical guy and doing his research. We were impressed. So we both filled up with the Nitro gas. And Lo and behold my engine ran smoother and the pipes were not obnoxious anymore!!!
7-11 premium is not good. Gas PLUS was OK. The closest Shell to me is 1 1/2 his away. Have to try PetroCan again as I forgot to mark any comments down.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk