Darksiders Sound Off!!!!!

Tips, Tricks, Mods, Maintenance questions and answers go on this board.

Moderators: joeracket, Bam Bam, RoadWarrior, mr.biker, Cat

hammerman

Re: Darksiders Sound Off!!!!!

Post by hammerman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Give them a good smoke show !!! :cool:

McJeep

Post by McJeep » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:34 am

:dance: :dance:
2004 1800N Mediochre mileage Oustanding smileage ;0)

Bam Bam

Post by Bam Bam » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:38 pm

205/55/16 Toyo Proxes R1R, it is slightly shorter, this sucka is glued to the road.
Been dying to ride lately, but tore my bicep off my elbow at the end of May. Right after putting plates on my ride. Got surgerized in June and tendon re-ancored. Haven't canceled my plates though, I am hopefull I will be out for a ride in a few more weeks.
Yup, set that old tire ablaze Rob. I hear floor tiles are great for burnouts, right Hammer. :lol:

hammerman

Post by hammerman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Yup, them tiles fly like crazy ! Just don`t do it in the basement ! :lol:

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:35 pm

How about the back deck? The rubber marks would look GREAT on the wood decking !!!

I'll tell DD it was your idea.

Ouch - here comes the fork
It's time to quit when you can't get your leg over the seat. AND ONLY THEN !!

McJeep

Post by McJeep » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

McJeep

Post by McJeep » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:57 am

Never did get the chance to smoke da bitch - the night I could have I was burnt to a crisp from being out salmon fishing all day - sometimes ya just gotta do ........ LOL

Get to scuff it in today - time to start workin on some new chikken lines ;)

hammerman

Post by hammerman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Yo Rob; just put new front rubber on the C
Took it out for a spin to wear it in, in this hot weather.
Must have been doing it a bit over the limit as you know them little nubs on new tires.

Ain`t none left on it, and no Chicken Strips ! :shock: :cool:
Hammer It. Life`s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserve skin....
but to skid in sideways,totally wornout ,shouting
HOLY SHIT.. What A RIDE ! !

McJeep

Post by McJeep » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:16 pm

:clap:

hammerman

Post by hammerman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Yo Bammer, what kinda price for that beautiful lookin tire?

Seems I done wore out my Bridgestone Potenza rain tire.
Looks like a dragslick, but has lasted 50,000 kms !
Try that with a M/C tire !
Hammer It. Life`s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserve skin....

Bam Bam

Post by Bam Bam » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:39 am

Hey Hammer, I think that tire ran me about 150 ish. Prolly a bit pricey for a CT, but very happy with it, aside from toooo much traction. :)

Andygod

Post by Andygod » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:43 pm

I realize I am a bit late to the party, but I will give you my $.02 worth. I put my first car tire on back in 2005 when I wore out the first tire on my bike. I started with a Toyo Proxes. I got about 60,000km out of that one before I replaced it with another Toyo Proxes. I got about 50,000km out of the second one when I decided to change it before doing the Labrador Highway. The Proxes was no longer available in my size so I went with a Michelin Hydroedge. I loved the Toyo Tires, but when that Michelin was new it was amazing. This summer I started losing air very slowly and when I inspected my tire I found a small finishing nail stuck in it. I also noticed small cracks in the sidewalls. I went online and found that Michelin has had some issues with sidewall cracking in the Hydroedge and they no longer make them. I decided to go back to Toyo and I now have a Toyo Extenza HP. All my tires have been 205-60-16 I have about 5000km so far on the new Toyo and I am very happy. Traction in wet/dry/hot/cold has been exceptional and I tend to drive fairly agressively. Not quite as aggressive as Hammerman, but I think I would give him a good run for his money. I have been all over North America on my bike in the last 190,000km. I live in Southern Ontario and drive my bike all year as long as the roads are free of snow and ice. I have thousands of miles of gravel riding and have more confidence in the car tire than I ever did with a M/C tire. I would never consider puting one on a smaller bike, but on the big bikes like our they are a dream. As a side not I actually installed the last one myself. I watched a couple of videos on You Tube, bought a big C-Clamp, some bead lube and some tire irons from Princess Auto and made some plastic sliders from a Chapmans Ice cream pail to protect the rims. It took me about 1/2 hour to take off the old tire and install the new one and I did it all on the tailgate of my truck by myself. It took longer to get the wheel off and on the bike than it did to change the tire. I lined up the dot with the valve stem and put in some beads and the tire is fine. As far as handling, Hammerman is on target. Better traction, smoother ride, more mileage and considerably less money for a better quality tire. You will never know until you try it yourself. For $150 it is probably one of the cheaper items you will ever put on your bike. If you dont like it you can pull it off and sell it on Kijiji. If you buy a Toyo and you dont like it I will need another one in 2018.
2004 VTX-1800N, Kuryakyn Hypercharger Pro R, Darkside Member Sept. 05 Traction by Toyo. 100K club member 2010.

If you want the best view, You've got to live on the edge.

hammerman

Post by hammerman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Yo Andy; Agree with you on all points ! I really like the Kar Tar on gravel or dirt :cool:

My new one is a Champro Snow Tire,205-60-16, softer rubber compound for better traction in cool weather.
Squeals real good and loud if I light it up, ( What, Who Me?) Still playing with the pressure as don`t
have it optimized yet. Still get a little shake if I jam it into a turn, but not really a concern.
When I have it apart this winter will check swing-arm bearings as part of re-do. Also doing all rear wheel bearings.
I already have the Green bushings on the shocks , so they are not the cause.

Anytime you want to drown some braincells --- you know where Hammer`s Garage is at !

wngd

Post by wngd » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Three words: NEVER going back....
Now a few more: Better traction in wet or gravel, better stopping power, better ride especially for passenger, longer life, looks cool, almost no discernible difference in feel after a few hours saddle time. Zero negatives in my opinion.
WNGD
VTX 1800 Custom. HD SG 8 speaker fairing, QQ dragger bags and drop fender, 4 piece Ultimate seats, so much chrome I can't go home.

Army Boy

Post by Army Boy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Kumho 195/55/16 run flat never go back
Same as the rest, never had an issue :) :) :)
See you next weekend
Don't be afraid your life will end:
Be afraid it will never start!!

Army Boy