National meets _ Pendulum theory

The Captain 90 Runs, Memories, Any Pics or Comments Feel Free to Add

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

Cat
Hard Core

National meets _ Pendulum theory

Post by Cat »

Just looking over the last few proposed, actual meets. Originaly, from the very first meet in Winnipeg, the grouphad agreed that each meet would swing east, west, east, west, .... this seemed to work pretty good, for a while. even had one swing all the way to Newfoundland. Thanks NewfX, for that one, it was a lot of fun.
then we swung (is that a word?) west again. Preeceville. (Thank you Danny, nice job with that!!)
Let's see how my Old timers is working. feel free to fill in the blanks or correct my locations
2005- 1st meet - Winnipeg- MB
2006- 2nd meet - Wasaga- ON
2007- 3rd meet - New Denver BC
2008- 4th meet -Cabano QC
2009- 5th Bruce Mines ON
2010- 6th Preecville SK
2011- 7th Bauline East, NFLD
2012 - 8th Victoria, BC
2013 -9th Midland, ON
2014 - Cancelled
2015 - Cancelled
2016-Fort Frances, ON
2017 -Thessalon, ON
2018- ???
2019- ???
2020- COVID19 - Locked and blocked - really? It is hard to NOT socially distance on a motorcycle. Only two allowed on a bike MAX and if you are closer than 6 feet, you are riding like a 1%er.

Now, all that said, and all this FREE time on everyone's hands. any thoughts on either a 2020 National meet? Or at the very least maybe we can manage a few coridinated Regional meets, and have out new IT guys link them together via some form of social meadia. OR!!! Maybe we can have our NEW world IT Team cordinate some sort of social meadia meet. (Racket yer gonna have to spring a camera to plug into yer hot box 1982 'puter ;)).
Point being here, we have have missed a few years for NO reason, might be nice to be able to GROUP check in, during a time when the world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket. Maybe some would be able to reach out to a few of the original few that no longer hang around on the forum, for what ever reason (sold their bike?). We need to enforce what has been preached since the beginning. (Once an X-Rider, always an X-Rider). Reach out, if you have contact and invite to a vitual meet, some of the old family.
I remember when this all began, a few of us got together on MSN messanger and chatted regularly, we talked about all kinds of stuff. eventually we discussed the idea of the faces coming together with the internet ghosts we knew. BOOM!! Winnipeg 2005. I remember all of the chat sessions, Racket? Chumbly, Mr.Biker?...We had a thought, developed a plan, and folded through with an event that changed the course of time for future X-riders. We are, and always will be "FAMILY" a chosen family, that will never give up on each other. Some may fade off, but they are still in our hearts. Whio remembers the Goldwing that showed up in Winnipeg with toddlers, and a bomb bay that Barbie might be ejected from LOL. Or a walk on a beach after everyone else has passed out.;). Or, Maybe some guy that just road 200kms on a rear tire that didn't have any rubber left on it and required a run to Nelson to have a substandard metzler replalce the Avon Viper that got Mega miles of road under it.
so many memories that we have shared together. so many more yet to share.
Canadian X-Riders have connected a country, from sea to sea. Literally, from Cape Spear, Newfoundland to Victoria British Columbia, their is not at least one X-Rider here that has made close connection with a brother from the other side, some have had the privilege of getting to close connect with both coasts and many between.
OK, Rant over. I know long read. But I want the work that has gone into the build of this family, to see the light of 2021 and beyound.
It's NOT about the destination........ The Journey is what counts. :cool:
and,
If the Sun is at your back, and the wind is your creation... It's a good day. :)
Image Image
Need Amsoil for yer ride? Contact me.
:dance: :cheers::think:
Bauline East, Newfoundland!!!!!! DONE like a bottle of Schreech at a newfie campfire
MISSED VICTORIA :cry:
Clic here for map of ....
:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think::think:
Hmmm, over 103,000 km on my '04 1300C :think:
Left on a journey with my girlfriend, came home with my wife :think: :lol:
Hint: clic on the blue text :wink:

Weather forecasts

Cat's Journey
- Visit my blog page - Cat's Lair
clic on the WWW button below

Wolfpack
Iron Butt

Re: National meets _ Pendulum theory

Post by Wolfpack »

2018 was
Cranbrook BC

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:) :) :) … I really think we have a perfectly good platform in the canadianxrider forum for communication as is .. breaking the group up into other forms of social media takes away from this one … eg .. xriders on facebook , chat sites etc...…. jmhowtfdik … :) :) :)

:think: :think: :think: ......... i personally did not attend all the meets but looking at the list i was at half of them for a total of six … wpg, wasaga, new Denver, preeceville, Victoria and Cranbrook … I was at the others in spirit enjoying the posts and pics on this forum …

…… also attended two California vtxriders meets one in las vegas and the other in Laughlin ……… colorado vtxriders meet in Denver CO … street vibrations in reno… plus numerous ABBC meets …

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo »

I did make a few of them although none out east. Enjoyed them all.
Moe- Those girls are in their 50's now!

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

:think: I went into this "Meet" business fully aware that I would only ever make one in my life...that's why I made the effort. However, I did make a few more. Unfortunately going "down East" was out of my time and financial ability. And yes, Big Dave did offer to help with the last problem, (to which I am eternally grateful). Lucy felt though that (as you've said Cat,..it's about the ride, not just the destination). I always felt that once We retired, we would try to make more of an effort to head down that way for some "family" time....and yes Les we have more spare time available to us. Personally though I have other priorities in my life right now...just like everybody else. I had originally thought we could keep up the group spirit by chatting online and joining into the forum activity, but lately that spirit has dwindled as others participation has dried up. I don't think that a Meet every couple of years is enough to keep this group going and without some more activity on this forum, etc., what's the point? JMHOWTFDIK
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"