Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

Yogster

Muskoka Motorcycle Rally July 19, 20

Post by Yogster »

Any-body in the area going to be attending this Muskoka Motorcycle Rally

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:think: :think: :think: ................did anyone make this ride :) :) :)
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Big Dave
Iron Butt

Post by Big Dave »

It Sucked - will post more later.
It's time to quit when you can't get your leg over the seat. AND ONLY THEN !!

wngd

Post by wngd »

I went as my cottage is only 10 minutes away.

1/ Major "down draft" tornado hit fast and furious Friday late afternoon taking out all power and dropping dozens of very large trees across power lines and roads only a block up the street.

2/ All grocery stores (and other retail) closed. All convenience stores ran out of ice immediately.

3/ I was booked to go out on the Seguin biker cruise on Lake Muskoka Friday night - cancelled

4/ The hotels were totally sold out - no food, electricity or AC and it was over 100 with the humidity

5/ For gas or restaurants, you had to head to either Bala or Bracebridge (15 minutes away)

6/ Saturday the weather was better but the vendors were terrible, music was good with everything running off generators and drinks on ice etc

7/ Police biking demonstration was good as usual but you had to feel for the riders as it was HOT

8/ HD was there with demo rides and they had advertised "proper riding attire" required. So I was there with my helmet, gloves, riding jeans, boots, sunglasses etc but evidently, you needed a riding jacket which of course was back at the cottage. I don't need to ride a SG that bad. Their loss.

All in all, they made the best of a tough situation. But at tis best, I don't see the point of it other than Gravenhurst trying to find things to attract tourist dollars with antique boat shows and craft shows being the nor there. The whole development of the harbor there has been a waste with empty stores there for years on end.

No way I'd go to this again if it wasn't so close and an excuse to take a little ride in with my neighbor.

If you didn't see my other thread, this is the result of that tornado on my wife's 2 week old Toyota Sienna

RBull

Post by RBull »

^Wowzers. That's a heck of a report and quite a turn of events wngd.

Best wishes with the clean up and repair. Be safe out there everybody.

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:think: :think: :think: ..................weather has not been nice this year :think: :think: :think:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!