Friday the 13th

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

HOOCH

Post by HOOCH »

hammerman wrote:Nope, headin up to Montreal River and places in between.

However, will be hoisting a glass to Hooch fer his BirthDay!!

Mal
Iron Butt

Post by Mal »

Time is all booked off, Got a sitter for the dogs... will be heading out Thursday to... "the usual spot" :wink:
They've really done a lot of work on the place.... I understand the "shed" has a whole new floor. and Sidney is growing like a weed :)
"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here, we might as well dance!

"Some people are like Slinkys....
Not really good for anything, but they can still make you smile when you push them down the stairs."

gowrench

Post by gowrench »

Yup. Wife and I both got day booked off. Gotta drop kiddies at school in the am, then jump on our bikes.
We may ride up with the group for the Steve Mesic Memorial.
As he was a childhood friend of mine.

Kind regards, see you in Dover, I should have my Xriders patch in time.
Nick

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

:shock: Welcome to the site, gowrench...have fun, contribute, whatever... good to see ya here. :wink: :cool:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:roll: :roll: :roll: ......................just thought of it................Friday the 13th, 2013.............should be a good one :wink: :wink: :wink:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Erik

Post by Erik »

Forecasts say its going to be 14 C but dry so looks like it I'll be heading down in the morning.
2015 Triumph Thunderbird Commander
2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring
1973 750 Triumph Tiger

maddog

Post by maddog »

heading out about 8ish friday am from thornhill area with a bud
any others ????????????????
only a rider knows why a dog sticks its head out a moving vehicles window

wngd

Post by wngd »

maddog wrote:heading out about 8ish friday am from thornhill area with a bud
any others ????????????????
There a big free biker breakfast at the Crossroads building in Burlington (N Service Rd and King Rd). You could be there by 8:30 - 9:00 and a group is leaving at 9:30

Other than that, hope to see you there
WNGD
VTX 1800 Custom. HD SG 8 speaker fairing, QQ dragger bags and drop fender, 4 piece Ultimate seats, so much chrome I can't go home.

Wolfpack
Iron Butt

Pics

Post by Wolfpack »

Hey Guys how about some PICS

wngd

Post by wngd »

I just got back and it was great again with 5 buddies, starting with a free breakfast that a local church was putting on for bikers. I wore my heated pants and jacket (it was about 50 degrees when I left this morning) but turned them off halfway down as it was too hot. We did run into a few minutes of light rain - thanks goodness that didn't continue or it could have been miserable. Despite the weather and time of year, there were still tons of riders there and the campsites were full. It certainly was stop and go for the last half hour to get into town. After all, Canadians are tough News reports still say up to 100,000 people were there but I saw less show bikes than normal, no doubt more of the trailer queens stayed home.

I got the obligatory t-shirt but they really need more good food vendors and less of the cheap gloves/chaps sellers imo. All in all, good fun and a little video here:
http://www.tillsonburgnews.com/2013/...-in-port-dover
WNGD
VTX 1800 Custom. HD SG 8 speaker fairing, QQ dragger bags and drop fender, 4 piece Ultimate seats, so much chrome I can't go home.

gowrench

Post by gowrench »

Hey WNGD. I was looking for your bike, sorry I missed you.
I totally agree about the food and vendors. Hotdogs?

But it was fun atmosphere. The "walkthrough" Timmies lane, cracked me up.
My wife rode down on her Marauder with me. It was her first time for PD13. We had a great time.

It was a cold ride home. LOL. As soon as we got home, we brewed up some coffee and enjoyed it in the hot tub.

We picked up the Kinsman T-shirts, as that money goes to a good cause, and they always try to have a cool, distinctive shirt.

Next event in December. I will have my snow pants and parka for that one. lol. TTYL

grizzlygar

Post by grizzlygar »

Got back at 5.30pm. was lookin for wngd bike also. Seen alot of cool rides. was lookin for other X riders, seen and talked to Archie's vtx1800 . I thought there were alot of bikes consitering the cool temps.Will try to post pics later.

grizzlygar

Post by grizzlygar »

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior »

---
Common sense is NOT common...

wngd

Post by wngd »

We left later (10:00) than I usually do and the traffic heading into town was brutal, walking it 10 feet at a time. So we parked down a residential sidestreet just before the bridge so you likely would never have seen my bike anyway. I was surprised at how many bikes and people were there in that weather too.

I'll go in December if it happens to be around 10 degrees and dry (Gerbers heated gear is the big equalizer) :razz:
WNGD