Nova Scotia, ride out of HRM

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

Spicydave

Nova Scotia, ride out of HRM

Post by Spicydave »

Is anyone in the HRM interested in doing a short ride this weekend? Say down to Chester and back...
2007 1800R
My first bike was a BMW

Spicydave

Post by Spicydave »

It was a great day for a ride. Ended at the Fall River BBQ competition (awesome ribs)!
2007 1800R
My first bike was a BMW

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

:cool: Cool!...aways a good day for a ride...but , ya, some are better than others. :wink: :)
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:roll: :roll: :roll: ..................ribs...................my favourite :wink: :wink: :wink:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

RBull

Post by RBull »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner spicy rider or I could have been there. I put on about 750k this past weekend mostly Shubie to Parsborro, Springhill, Musquodoboit areas.

Spicydave

Time lag

Post by Spicydave »

Wow! Hadn't logged on for a while, but I just got a whole swack of notifications. Some were posts from September!

My bad in not sending word out sooner. The Fall River Riboff has been going for a few years now. If you bike around here you know the Fall River Tim's. Seems like it would be a good place to start a ride and end at the Ribfest. I'll try to send the word out earlier this year.
2007 1800R
My first bike was a BMW

RBull

Post by RBull »

Sounds good.

Let us know about any local rides.

Spicydave

Re: Nova Scotia, ride out of HRM

Post by Spicydave »

More time lag... It just goes by so fast!

This year's Fall River BBQ Competition is on September 19, 2015 ( https://www.facebook.com/FallRiverBbqCompetition ). I'd recommend a trip down Hwy 3 to Chester (but don't forget to do the Hwy 329 loop, totally worth it) and brunch at the Kiwi Cafe. Cut across the province on Hwy 14 into Windsor. Take another break at the Spitfire Arms Ale House (not because you'll need it, just because...). Then follow Hwy 1 back into Sackville. Turn left onto Beaverbank Rd, then right onto Windgate Dr, left onto Windsor Junction Rd, right onto Fall River Rd, and stop when you smell ribs (at the old firehall, just before Richardson Dr). Then feed on the ribs!

Should take a little over 5 hours (depending on how long you stop at each break). Good food. Even better ride.

...However, I'll be in Ottawa at Citifest. Van Morrison is going to play. Sorry.

Don't let that stop anyone from taking this trip. I'd suggest meeting at the Fall River, Tim's (everyone knows where that is) at 10:00 am.
2007 1800R
My first bike was a BMW

Kegger

Post by Kegger »

gonna hafta start watching this forum more, didnt realize there were so many NS members, would love to get out with some fellow X'rs ....... i created a group on FB just for VTX members, only know of the 4 of us .... https://www.facebook.com/groups/734552066605455/
KEGGER

2007 VTX1800F2

Spicydave

Post by Spicydave »

I agree. Lets organise some rides. I am in Fall River. Always a good place to start. Right from Tims.

db
2007 1800R
My first bike was a BMW