Duffy loop ride

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

McJeep
Iron Butt

Duffy loop ride

Post by McJeep »

Was just gonna email Mo on this but when I saw there were no new posts for 8 days I thought I better wake the room up ;)

Soooo how long a day is the loop ride that Mr Mo and the Bammer keep talkin bout? Is it a take the ferry over in the morn and home at night or a 2 day adventure for an island boy?
2013 F6B Mediocre mileage Outstanding smileage ;*)
2007 HD Deuce - cool weekend scoot :)
2005 VTX 1300R - da wife's :)

Chumbly
Hard Core

Re: Duffy loop ride

Post by Chumbly »

In my opinion, it's a long day...or two short ones to go from Vancouver and do the loop through the valley and back. It's not really that far but most from Lillooet to Pemberton is less than 60 km/hr. But I think Bam Bam used to do it in a coupla hours. :lol: :lol: :anxious: Anyway Lucy and I used to start out at Surrey, go up the valley and stay overnight in Lillooet...carry on the next day. That way we could enjoy the scenery. Definitely a premier ride...on par with New Denver area...maybe even a bit better, at least until you get to Whistler. JMHO WTFDIK :wink: :anxious:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:) :) :) …… longest part of that ride will be your downtime on the ferry …… no problem doing the loop from the wack in a day …… when is this happening … :) :) :)
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Wolfpack
Iron Butt

Post by Wolfpack »

Actually it's more like a 2 day ride the first time you do it. Something about if you go straight at MT. Currie and stay on the highway all the way to Birken you can over night there . PS: don't watch the real sweetie walk down the road ; watch for the road signs in Mt Currie you need to make a right hand turn there !

Bam
Iron Butt

Post by Bam »

Hey Rob, I would recommend staying a night, slow down, make stops, have a swim, and enjoy the scenery. Take the Duffy to Lillooet then through Pavilion to Cache Creek, super scenic. Stay overnight in Cache Cr., and do the same ride back, avoid the Lower Mainland and upper levels traffic, you can't go wrong. :cool:
Check road conditions, the Duffy is an alpine pass and can be very snotty. I usually wait until May, even then you may pass through plowed avalanches. :shock:
2002 VTX1800C

McJeep
Iron Butt

Post by McJeep »

Sounds like I need to do this - sometime later in the summer as I'm still physio'ing on the shoulder and not much strength back yet - have the mobility to ride but I don't think enough to do a day ride for a while yet

Will definitely be in touch here to set sumpthin up with y'all - nice easy lookit all the trees n hills type o ride - think I'll likely make it a 3 day or so thing so I have time to wewax ;) - no marathons for me anymore ;)
2013 F6B Mediocre mileage Outstanding smileage ;*)
2007 HD Deuce - cool weekend scoot :)
2005 VTX 1300R - da wife's :)

Sandy Mike
Iron Butt

Post by Sandy Mike »

Nice to do the Duffy Lake from Vancouver up through Pemberton, then through to Lillooet, then to Lytton. To add to it go from Lytton to Spences Bridge, then back through Merritt on 8, nice twisties on that road. Coquihalla back to Vancouver.

Lynn and I used to love doing that ride, a long day in the saddle though.
2016 Harley Ultra Ltd
2004 Springer Softail