Interesting e-mail

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

joeracket
Site Admin

Interesting e-mail

Post by joeracket »

:) :) :) ....... from the wolfpack ....... :) :) :)

Hey Racket just wondering about the xrider site use . Wondering other user like Bernie are having have trouble logging in and that’s why the use has dropped off so much over the last year. Maybe is there was an easier way to get into the site maybe others would start posting again !

Les

:) :) :) ........ my reply ....... :) :) :)

Les

I really don’t think that it is a log in problem as I can see who is logging in to the forum, people like to read but do not comment. (looky lous) Log in is the same as it has always been other than the confirmation of e-mail address once a year. Dirt road dave started the x rider forum on face book which took a lot of traffic from our forum. Others have bought different brands of motorcycles and moved to forums relating to their rides. Big dave, mal, gaolbird, beach Hondas, stillflyin, just a few right off the top of my head.

Those who have had trouble with the e-mail confirmation have always contacted me to help them. Members do not have to be logged in to send a message to site admin.

Facebook did most of the forums in. CaliforniaVTXriders is one that comes to mind, they were a very big forum, now very few posting.

Covid also threw a wrench into local rides, we used to get quite a few participants for the canyon runs every year, last summer everyone was isolating.

Sign of the times Les, the younger generation is more interested in video games than motorcycle forums. We are a dying breed, like I told chumbly our forum will be around as long as I am still kicking.

Moe
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Chumbly
Hard Core

Re: Interesting e-mail

Post by Chumbly »

Ya, I think people are just moving on... :think: :doh:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

McJeep
Iron Butt

Post by McJeep »

and a lot have changed rides and lost interest in keeping current with less like minded individuals ??? Who knows I know my time here is more limited because I have reading I need to do to get up to speed on my new scoot soooo :/ But I make a point of dropping in weekly to see whassup - if there ends up being a ride I can do, I'll do it on the new one ;)
2013 F6B Mediocre mileage Outstanding smileage ;*)
2007 HD Deuce - cool weekend scoot :)
2005 VTX 1300R - da wife's :)

hammerman
Hard Core

Post by hammerman »

Us old iron butts still show up on occasion, and pretty soon will qualify for Antique plates.
I check to see who is doing what and if any new rides coming up.
Covid threw a major fuck into us (and the rest of the world), but we are Xriders, bunch of
snoopy old buggers, and don`t give a flyin` f.ck about all the other brand x bikes.
As Moe says, we are a diff breed, and always will be.

Just my Opinion, and damn if I care about the rest !

Hammer
Hammer It. Life`s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserve skin....
but to skid in sideways,totally wornout ,shouting
HOLY SHIT.. What A RIDE ! !

Sandy Mike
Iron Butt

Post by Sandy Mike »

Will always come back to this forum, it is friends and memories. I am not on it as much as I used to be, and sometimes I am just one of Mo's "looky loos". I like checking the things folks are doing, and of course all of Mo's esoteric "chesty" pictures....
2016 Harley Ultra Ltd
2004 Springer Softail

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

Sandy Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:26 am
Mo's esoteric "chesty" pictures....

:think: :think: :think: ... esoteric ..... had to look that one up .........intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest ......... right on durango !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Wolfpack
Iron Butt

Post by Wolfpack »

Stupid site just made me update my password ! Then it wants me to type in the old password that I just updated on my computer ! WHY ??

joeracket
Site Admin

Re: e-mail

Post by joeracket »

Wolfpack wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:11 pm
Stupid site just made me update my password ! Then it wants me to type in the old password that I just updated on my computer ! WHY ??
:think: :think: :think: ........ i see your logged in ......... you can ignore the request for your old password ........ should be able to click on the X to get rid of the request :think: :think: :think:

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior »

This has been in place for several years now. Most sites do it, not sure why this is a surprise?

The other side of the coin is the benefit it has provided by flushing out bad accounts, neutering spammers and keep this site up and running.
---
Common sense is NOT common...

Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Some of us are still kicking around ... yeah we might be on new (different) rides but we are still Cdn-X-Riders.

C19 has really affected those in Ontario and PQ ... as well as everyone else.

We still check in from time to time ...
"Life is just a dream ..."

2008 Suzuki GS500F - Long Gone
2002 Honda VTX1800c - Recently Gone :shock:
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour - "Misty" - My Blonde Mistress :booty:

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

Wrangler wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:41 am
... yeah we might be on new (different) rides but we are still Cdn-X-Riders.

C19 has really affected those in Ontario and PQ ... as well as everyone else.
:) :) :) ......... good to see you back .......... have to agree .... C19 eliminated a lot of rides this past year ...... :) :) :)

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior »

Well, don't think COVID is going away anytime soon, not with variants popping up. However, I think lockdown will be a thing of the past, but people will likely need to get annual COVID shots for a few years, just like the getting an annual flew shot!

My 2 cents worth.......
---
Common sense is NOT common...